Tenants Queensland (TQ) is a mission driven agency looking for the right person to lead the Board in setting strategic direction and ensuring it aligns with the organisation’s vision.
Key aspects of the role
- Chair TQ’s scheduled board meetings, one annual general meeting and other meetings, including special meetings, as required;
- Assist the Board to ensure its decisions are in the best interests of TQ and its stakeholders and are based on a sound understanding of the organisation’s financial position, strategic performance, operations and affairs generally and its opportunities and challenges;
- Facilitate open and constructive communications amongst board members and encourage their contribution to board deliberations;
- Communicate the views of the board, in conjunction with the CEO, to the organisation’s stakeholders;
- Oversee and facilitate board, committee and board member evaluation reviews and succession planning;
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the CEO; and
- Provide support to the Executive Officer and other Board Members.